Porcelain Veneers in Shawnee KS
There’s a fast and easy way to get that even, white, straight smile that you’ve always wanted. Porcelain veneers are a quick and simple way to cover gaps, cracks, stains, uneven spacing, overlapped or crooked teeth and much more. It’s a very non-invasive procedure that Monticello Family Dental provides.
A porcelain veneer is an ultra-thin shell of tooth-colored porcelain that is cemented over the facial surfaces of your teeth to correct dental issues including worn tooth enamel, uneven tooth alignment or spacing, tooth discoloration, and chips or cracks.
Although veneers fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry because they help makeover smiles with beautifully aligned, shapely teeth, they also add protective qualities and may eliminate the need for more extensive treatments.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers can solve a lot of cosmetic and dental problems and provide many benefits which include:
- Creating aligned teeth. Uneven teeth can result from the grinding of teeth, and through general wear and tear and this can lead to bite issues. Veneers can correct this.
- Adds protective qualities and can eliminate the need for further, extensive treatment.
- Provides durability to your teeth that have been affected by worn enamel.
- The need for little to no removal of tooth structure compared to dental crowns.
- Can restore the natural appearance of healthy, youthful teeth by correcting chips and cracks.
- Veneers can offer a simple, cosmetic solution when teeth whitening cannot help with discoloration of your teeth.
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
Who Are Veneers For?
We have patients of all ages and backgrounds who enjoy the benefits of veneers! Because they’re personalized to the needs of each patient, we can help you decide what option best suits you. They can either match the color of your nearby teeth, or they can be whiter if you’d like to brighten up your whole smile. Veneers in Shawnee are crafted from a type of dental porcelain that looks like a natural tooth. It is virtually impossible to distinguish a normal white tooth from a veneer.
What’s It Like to Get Veneers?
The procedure can often be complete in two visits over the course of six weeks. The visits are comprehensive and may require several hours of examinations and tooth preparation. We have audio-visual distractions that will help you to stay relaxed and comfortable.
The diagnostic and examinations phase of treatment is essential and identifies any oral health concerns that must first be addressed before veneer placement. Dr. Loggan or Dr. Swan will work with you to select the best tooth color for you. Imaging technologies can provide you with a preview of your expected results, and before and after images can allow you to view other successful cases. Treatment begins when the examination is completed and customized plan designed.
First, our doctor will likely administer a local anesthetic so you will be comfortable during tooth preparation and placement of the porcelain veneer. Your natural tooth is then prepared by minimally reshaping it to provide the best fit. She will make an impression of your teeth from which a mold of your mouth will be made. This impression may be sent to an outside dental laboratory where the veneers will be professionally fabricated.
After the mold is taken it will take about two to three weeks to create your custom veneers. In the meantime there may be a temporary set of veneers for your to wear. Since these veneers aren’t permanently attached to your teeth, they can more or become damaged if you aren’t careful. Avoiding the following foods can help you prevent problems:
- Meat that requires substantial chewing, such as steak
- Ice, hard candy, apples, and other hard foods
- Toast and breads with hard crusts
- Sticky candies
- Nut, potato chips, pretzels, seeds and other crunchy foods
- Foods that can stain teeth, such as coffee, tea, wine, soda, ketchup, tomatoes and berries
Once you receive your permanent veneers, that are some types of food to avoid or limit so it doesn’t cause any damage.
- Hard Foods- It’s never a good idea to bite into hard candies or biting close to the bone when eating foods like pork chops and chicken legs. Things like these can chip the porcelain.
- Ice- Biting down on ice cubes can chip or break your veneers.
- Using your teeth like a tool, like biting open a bag of chips. Avoid biting your nails or anything with excessive vertical force.
$59 New Patient Special*
*Restrictions may apply. Call for details. Offer expires in four weeks.
FREE Crest Electric System
*New Patients Only. Offer not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Expires 8/31/20.