Invisalign in Shawnee, KS
Invisalign with Shawnee Dentists Dr. Loggan and Dr. Swan is the immensely popular, discreet, and minimally invasive technique for straightening teeth without traditional metal braces and wires. Our doctors and the Monticello Family Dental team provide Invisalign for teens and adults. There are a lot of reasons you might want to get Invisalign for yourself, straightening your smile is about more than aesthetics. Misaligned teeth can cause jaw pain, TMJ disorder, improper chewing of food, speech impediment, and self-esteem issues. Crowded teeth are difficult to clean around, allowing bacteria and plaque buildup and increase the chances of tooth decay and gum disease. Straightening and aligning your teeth can be a life-changing experience for many people and it is easier now than it has ever been!
Why Is Invisalign Better Than Braces?
We often get asked why we offer Invisalign instead of traditional metal and wire braces. Here are a number of reasons why our patients love Invisalign, and we believe you will too.
Simply put, traditional braces can be unsightly and uncomfortable, and often must stay on for several years. Invisalign is very unnoticeable, comfortable to wear, can be removed for eating and oral hygiene, and worn at night and during the day to move teeth quickly for fast, gorgeous results.
- A Better Solution - Invisalign does solve many of the issues of traditional braces; however, traditional braces may be required for complicated orthodontic care. Invisalign can be used to correct a wide range of orthodontic issues including gaps in your teeth, misaligned teeth, underbite, overbite, or even crooked teeth.
- Natural - Almost invisible, the Invisalign retainers are formed using incredibly durable SmartTrack® composites. Invisalign retainers are completely clear formed to a fit comfortably and smoothly in your mouth. They're so natural looking that many of our patients have family and friends that see them on a regular basis who didn't realize that they were wearing the Invisalign retainer.
- Convenient - One of the biggest downsides to wire braces is that they cannot be removed until the procedure is completed. Invisalign gives you the freedom to remove them for a meal, important meetings, dates or simply to take a break. The Invisalign retainer only needs to be worn for 20-22 hours a day, giving you the ability to make them fit your life and still get the results you want to see in your smile!
- Comfortable - Invisalign is easy on your cheeks and gums. If you've ever had someone in your family, who had braces you know that they can be painful. The wires and brackets can leave the tissue in your mouth raw and bleeding from wear, lacerations, and canker sores and significantly affect your lifestyle. There are no wires or brackets with the Invisalign system, just comfortable pressure easing your teeth where they need to be.
- Simple - Because Invisalign retainers are entirely removable, it allows patients to remove them and adequately care for their teeth with thorough flossing and brushing. Invisalign makes it easy to maintain healthy and robust gum tissue and avoid the cavities that frequently accompany braces due to the difficulty of cleaning around them.
- Faster - Since each Invisalign system is customized for the patient it is made for, they work more quickly than traditional metal braces. The Invisalign method is so effective that depending on the work you need to have done, we can reduce the length of the treatment by as much as 50%.
- Cost Effective - Although many people assume that Invisalign is significantly more costly than traditional braces. Invisalign actually mirrors closely orthodontic procedures. Since Invisalign eliminates many of the problems people experience with conventional braces, has a shorter treatment duration and is incredibly cost-effective, it is becoming more and more the common sense treatment method of choice.
Is Invisalign Safe?
The materials used in Invisalign are patented explicitly for the Invisalign procedure. Invisalign aligners are FDA approved, and they are BPA, BPS, latex, and endocrine disruptor free.
Aside from their high-quality design and construction, the process of installing Invisalign braces is revolutionary in how it has simplified and streamlined oral alignment. It is the safest, quickest and most efficient way to straighten your teeth.
What Should You Expect With Invisalign?
Invisalign consists of a customized series of clear, removable aligners created using data from a 3-D image of your mouth and teeth. The aligners move your teeth in tiny increments into the desired alignment. Each set of aligners is worn for about 2 weeks before being replaced with the next in the series.
You’ll visit our offices once every 6-8 weeks for a progress check. The entire process will take approximately 12-24 months, with a total of 18-30 sets of aligners used to move your teeth from their original position into a beautiful, straight smile.
- You can remove your aligners to eat (meaning no dietary restrictions)
- You can experience complete comfort (the aligners have no metal or wires)
- Adjustments are easy – just move up a size in your aligner sets
- Everything feels comfortable – you can even sleep in your aligners
- Few will even know you have braces (aligners are almost invisible)
- Brushing and flossing is simple since you just take the aligners out
- Aligners can be switched out with a mouthguard for sports, or removed for photo shoots or special events.
If you have been considering braces but haven’t wanted the hassle of traditional metal and wire braces, call our Shawnee dental office at for an Invisalign consultation. We serve patients in Shawnee, Western Shawnee, and Shawnee Mission, as well as Bonner Springs, Olathe, De Soto, Eudora, Edwardsville, Lake Quivera, Merriam, and the surrounding communities.
$59 New Patient Special*
*Restrictions may apply. Call for details. Offer expires in four weeks.
FREE Crest Electric System
*New Patients Only. Offer not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Expires 8/31/20.